RV Insurance

RV Insurance covers:

  • Collision Coverage
  • Comprehensive Coverage
  • Bodily Injury Liability Property
  • Damage Liability

Request a quote now

Insurance coverage cannot be bound or changed via submission of any online form/application provided on this site or otherwise. No binder, insurance policy, change, addition, and/or deletion to insurance coverage goes into effect unless and until confirmed directly by a licensed agent.

Call us today

Enjoy your travels while having R.V. insurance to help protect your asset in the event of an accident

Your RV is more than a car, and RV insurance should reflect that. With an RV insurance policy, you'll have the specialized coverage you need to travel safely on the road. And if you need car insurance , we can help, too.

RV Insurance Coverages:

Since an RV is like a house on wheels, RV insurance coverages should provide bigger protection for your bigger vehicle.

Your RV is more than a car, and your RV insurance should cover more than what car insurance covers. Rather than add your RV to your auto policy, consider insuring your RV on its own policy.

Keep the following in mind:

  • You have many things in your RV that you would never keep in your car, such as clothing, jewelry, binoculars, VCRs, laptops, camcorders or outdoor gear. When you park your RV at a campsite, you may be liable for the area around it. If someone is injured, you may be responsible.
  • If your RV is damaged while you're traveling, you'll need a place to stay and a way to get there.
  • If you insure your RV through a standard auto policy, none of the scenarios above is covered in the event of a loss, which could cost you thousands if you need to make a claim.
  • When you insure your RV on its own policy, you'll know you have a wide range of coverage for a wide range of incidents that could happen.

RV Insurance Coverage Options:

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability:

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability covers your legal liability for an accident where there is damage to someone's property or injury to another party, up to the limit of liability you select. If you are legally liable for an accident, your insurance will pay for the following:

  •  The cost to repair or replace damaged property.
  • Medical bills incurred by injured parties.
  • Lost wages of injured parties.
  • Other damages you are legally obligated to pay as a result of an accident.

Explanation of limits of coverage for a 15/30/10 policy:

  • No more than $15,000 will be paid per person for Bodily Injury.
  • No more than $30,000 will be paid per accident for Bodily Injury.
  • No more than $10,000 will be paid per accident for Property Damage.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists

  When the at-fault party does not have insurance, Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury will cover damages you incur that the at-fault party is legally liable for, such as medical treatment and lost wages.If your injury expenses exceed the at-fault party's liability limits, you can use Underinsured Motorists Bodily Injury coverage to pay for the amount not covered by the at-fault person's insurance. Similar to Uninsured Motorists coverage, Underinsured Motorists coverage is designed to cover the gap between the other person's liability limits and the amount of your injury expenses, up to the Underinsured Motorists limits you select. Uninsured Motorists Property Damage covers damage to your vehicle caused by someone who does not have insurance.

Medical Payments

Medical Payments coverage pays the cost of necessary medical care you receive as a result of an accident and can be used regardless of who is at fault. The coverage often is limited to medical treatment received within the first three years after an accident and is limited to a specific dollar amount. In some states, Medical Payments only applies after other medical insurance is exhausted.

Comprehensive and Collision

Comprehensive and Collision cover the cost to repair or replace your RV if it is stolen or damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. You select a deductible for each coverage, and once the deductible is met, the insurance company pays for the remaining damage.Under Collision coverage, your insurance company pays for damage caused when you collide with another vehicle or object. Under Comprehensive coverage, your insurance company pays for damage caused by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism.

You have three options to insure your RV against a total loss:

  • Market Value - base policy that pays the market value of your RV at the time off loss.
  • Agreed Value - pays the value of your RV that you select at the start of your policy, regardless of the current market value
  • Total Loss Replacement Cost - pays for replacement of your RV with the newest model if your RV is declared a total loss within its first five model years.

 Market Value

 Market Value is the most economical choice to insure your RV. If your RV is declared a total loss, this coverage pays either the lower of the actual cash value (ACV) at the time of loss or the market value displayed on the declarations page. Market value should be reviewed periodically to ensure it accurately reflects the current value of the RV.

Agreed Value

Agreed Value protects your investment in your RV without considering depreciation for total losses. The total loss payout is the agreed value as shown on the declarations page.

 Proof of value is required for this option. For RVs purchased less than two years ago, the purchase documents are proof of value. For RVs purchased more than two years ago, an appraisal serves as proof of value.

Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price

Total Loss Replacement/Purchase Price coverage provides you with a new, untitled RV if your RV is five model years old or less and is deemed a total loss. If an RV older than five years is deemed a total loss, the payout will be the purchase price as reflected on the declarations page.  The purchase price value includes all permanently attached equipment, tax, title and license. The value should be increased if additional equipment is added. This coverage is only available for new RVs, up to one model year old.

Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance provides towing to the nearest qualified repair facility and pays for necessary labor at the time and place of disablement when the RV is disabled due to any of the following:

  •  Mechanical or electrical breakdown
  • Battery failure
  • Insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water or other fluids
  • Flat tire
  • Lock-out
  • Entrapment in snow, mud, water or sand within 100 feet of the roadway

This coverage extends to trailers and vehicles being towed by a motor home and vehicles towing travel trailers, even if the tow vehicle is insured with another insurance company.

If you use this coverage, you pay nothing out of pocket.  Roadside assistance is available 24/7, anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.

Emergency Expense ($750 included with Comprehensive & Collision)

For pleasure users, Emergency Expense coverage pays up to specified limits for reasonable temporary living facilities, transportation expenses and the cost of returning the RV, if it becomes disabled due to a covered loss more than 50 miles away from the insured's primary residence. Pleasure users also can purchase additional coverage, up to $2,000.

For insureds who use their RV as a primary residence, Emergency Expense coverage pays up to the specified limits for reasonable temporary living facilities and transportation expenses if the RV becomes disabled due to a covered loss. Additional coverage is available, up to $7,500.

Replacement Cost Personal Effects

Replacement Cost Personal Effects coverage pays up to specified replacement cost limits for loss of, or damage to, RV contents that are normally used in conjunction with the RV. Loss of, or damage to, certain items outside the RV is covered up to 25 percent of the Replacement Cost Personal Effects limit purchased.  Additional coverage is available, up to $99,000. A $100 deductible is associated with the coverage. Other forms of insurance must be exhausted before you can use this coverage.

Vacation Liability ($10,000 included with Comprehensive & Collision, except on policies with the Full Timer's Package)

Pays up to specified limits for Bodily Injury and Property Damage for which the insured is legally responsible as a result of an accident that occurs while the RV is used as a temporary vacation residence. Limits up to $500,000 CSL are available. This coverage is only available for pleasure users.

Mexico Physical Damage (included with Comprehensive & Collision)

Automatically extends the Physical Damage portion of the policy to cover losses occurring in Mexico. This coverage is afforded only when a Mexican Liability policy has been purchased. In the event of a loss, the RV will be towed to the nearest qualified repair facility in the United States for repairs. Mexican Liability coverage must be purchased from a licensed Mexican insurance company for this coverage to apply, as we do not offer Mexican Liability coverage.

Trailer ($2,500 included with Comprehensive & Collision)

Provides $2,500 of physical damage coverage for utility trailers used in conjunction with the insured motor home. An additional $17,500 of coverage may be purchased for a maximum of $20,000 of coverage.

Fire Department Service Charge (included with Comprehensive & Collision)

This coverage pays up to $1,000 for an insured's liability assumed by contract or agreement for fire department charges incurred when the fire department is called to save or protect the insured RV.

Full Timer's Package

The Full Timer's Package provides coverage similar to a homeowners policy and is required for insureds who use their RV as a primary residence. Primary residence is defined as not owning or residing in another dwelling. This policy-level coverage includes Full Timer's Personal Liability coverage, Full Timer's Medical Payments To Others coverage, Full Timer's Loss Assessment coverage and Storage Shed Contents coverage.

  •  Full Timer's Personal Liability - Pays up to specified limits for bodily injury and property damage for which the insured is legally responsible because of an accident. Up to $500,000 CSL coverage is available.
  • Full Timer's Medical Payments To Others - Pays up to $50,000 for medical expenses of others who are injured because of an accident while on the property occupied by the RV that is used as a permanent or primary residence.
  • Full Timer's Loss Assessment - Pays up to $5,000 for certain assessments charged to the Full Timer while he owns or is a tenant of property in an association.
  • Storage Shed Contents - Pays up to $5,000 for contents located in a shed owned, leased or rented by the insured at the time of loss.

Deluxe Package

The Deluxe Package includes the following:

  • Disappearing Deductibles - For each consecutive claim-free renewal, the original Comprehensive and Collision deductibles are reduced 25 percent. After the fourth consecutive claim-free renewal period, the deductibles are $0. Following a loss, deductibles return to their original amounts at the next renewal period. Any type of non-deductible related claim (e.g., Liability, Roadside Assistance, etc.) does not affect the disappearing deductible level.
  • Scheduled Medical Benefits Vacation Residence - Pays scheduled dollar benefits to the named insured or spouse for loss of life, hand, foot, eye or the ability to work.

The above description provides a brief overview of the terms and phrases used within the insurance industry. These definitions are not applicable in all states or for all insurance and financial products. This is not an insurance contract. Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please read your official policy for full details about coverages. These definitions do not alter or modify the terms of any insurance contract. If there is any conflict between these definitions and the provisions of the applicable insurance policy, the terms of the policy control.